Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

When You Can't Find It, Make It

I hate it when you have something in mind for your home and you cannot find it anywhere!  Every now and then, some of those things are fairly easy to make and in all reality, probably costs much less too - win, win!

There were two things that I really wanted to add to my Valentine's Day decor, a door sign and flower balls.  After searching high and low, I came up empty handed.  So I packed up my little one and headed to Hobby Lobby.

For my door sign, I found the following materials.


And created this cutie. :)


What I'm even more excited about, however and what I want to share with you today are my flower balls! :)  These are SOOOOO easy to do, just takes a bit of patience.  Here is what you'll need:

  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Foam Ball
  • Bunch of Flowers

Even though roses are THE flower for Valentine's Day, I LOVE hydrangeas and felt these would better compliment my decor.  And Hobby Lobby had them in exactly the colors I wanted!

To start, pluck off all the flowers from your bunch while your hot glue gun warms up.

Once you have your pile of flowers, take one, place a small amount of glue on the bottom and stick it into the foam ball. That's it - easy peasy!

 








Fluff out your flowers as you continue placing them.  This will take up more surface space and save on flowers. However, if you do end up with a small bald spot on the bottom, like I did, don't worry - just place it on top of a candle holder and no one will know the difference. :)


As we get closer to Valentine's Day, I'll be sure to give a small home tour of my decor!


-Ashley






No comments:

Post a Comment