Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Desk Makeover

I loooove farmhouse tables.  In fact, one of my very first furniture projects was this beauty!
I scored her off Craigslist for $200 and my husband and I went to work.  He sanded her down entirely and I stained.  Like I said, it was my first project so it's not perfect, but I definitely learned a thing or two and I love her.  AND she's the perfect table to handle a toddler. :)

When I saw this desk at an antique store, I had to have it and give it a little farmhouse update.

I started with three coats of General Finishes Snow White on the body and the drawers.
Then I did three coats of General Finishes Java Gel Stain for the top.
I loved the original hardware, so I didn't touch a thing there, but I did line the drawers with some really cute orange paper.  And here she is!
 
 
 
 
It may have been a pretty straight forward makeover, but I think it really gave this table new life.  It would look fantastic in any home either as a desk or even an entry table.  The possibilities are endless!

-Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment