Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Gender Reveal Party!

I've always wanted to put together a "Gender Reveal Party", so when my sister told me that she was going to order a cake and invite everyone over to reveal the gender of her next baby, I jumped at the chance to add a little more flair to the party.  I only had a few days to plan it, but I think it came together really well!

Here is a shot of the display as guests entered the house.
Guests were invited to "cast their vote" using blue or pink paint chips.
And since coming up with baby names can be difficult, guests were also invited to submit their baby name suggestions.
Using good ol' sticker paper, I decorated plastic cups and paired them with blue and pink straws.  My sister prepared PINK lemonade and ice tea - served in a BLUE pitcher, of course! :)
I wish I had snagged a picture of the actual cake, but amongst all the excitement and anticipation, it totally slipped my mind.  So what are my sister and her husband expecting??  A baby BOY!!!  Congrats to them both!


-Ashley




No comments:

Post a Comment