Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Halloween Decoupage Wood Numbers

I can't wait to show you just how easy it is to turn this...
into this!

So cute, right!?  I always loved the idea of using the date of the holiday within your home decor.  And when I saw this paper at Hobby Lobby, I knew it'd be perfect for this project.

Now it's your turn!  First, start by tracing your numbers onto your paper.  Then take those numbers out to get a quick coat of paint.  Make sure you paint the back and the sides.
While your letters are drying, cut out the numbers you traced.
 Now it's time for some modge podge!
I put a layer on the wood and then place the paper on top, smoothing out all the wrinkles/bubbles that might appear.  Make sure your paper covers the wood, but don't be too worried if some of your paper hangs over - we'll be taking care of that very professionally.

Once your paper has dried, get out a nail file - see, very professional. :)  At a downward angle, file the edges of the wood.  It may take a few tries in one spot, but soon you'll see the excess paper start to tear away, leaving you with a nice smooth edge.

Once you have your numbers just the way you like it, give the whole thing another layer of modge podge.  That's it!!  I told you it was easy and really adds to any holiday decor.
 
I think the next holiday I'll do this for is Valentine's Day!!
-Ashley




No comments:

Post a Comment