Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Halloween Home Tour

I typically decorate in a more general manner at this time of year where my decorations will carry me through Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving.  This year, however, the moment it was officially Fall, I dove head first into Halloween. :)  I started with items I already had and quickly discovered I needed more!  So I did what any girl would do, I went shopping!!  I scored a couple things from Goodwill and of course, Home Goods and Hobby Lobby.

Let's start with the kitchen.  Look familiar?  You can see how I made the wreath here and the sign here.
Here is my table's centerpiece. 

I found the black pedestal at Goodwill and it was in such perfect condition that after a quick clean, I was able to plop it right down onto my table and add apples.  It might just be me, but having just the apples provides a spooky element - like any one of them could be poisoned!  Like I said, might just be me. :)
Moving on to the living room...
 
 
I also found the BOO votive holders at Goodwill - so cute, right!? 
And here is my buffet and my bookshelf.
 
I scored this wreath at Home Goods for $2.00 on clearance.  It was a natural color, but I knew with a quick coat of black spray paint, it would make the perfect spooky addition to my bookshelf.
I also practiced my decoupage skills on these wood numbers - 31 for the date of Halloween.  Love that paper!!
Not done yet!  Here is our powder room.
And finally the ledge at the top of the stairs.  It's the line where decorations end in our home. :)
And there you have it!  I hope you enjoyed the tour!!
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment