Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pantry Makeover

I have the bug!  The "organization" bug, that is and I have it in a bad, bad way. :)  Once I completed the dining buffet, I knew I wanted to spend more time on the inside of our home maximizing all the potential storage space we have.  It's amazing just how much space my toddler and his "stuff" takes up!

I immediately bought an over-the-door storage system from The Container Store (loooooove that place) for our loft closet, but soon realized that the first place I needed to start was the kitchen since it is probably our most used room in the house.  And with the hubby away for a few nights, I had the perfect window.

Along with cleaning out and reorganizing all the drawers and cabinets, I spent a lot of time on our pantry.  I apologize for not having a "before" picture (I promise I'll get better) but here is my "after"!




I love how clean it looks!  I scored these two wood crates from Home Goods along with these super cute baskets.

Somehow seeing 5lbs on the "Sweets" basket tends to keep me away. :)

I also found this at Marshalls - veeerrrry functional!
But what I love most are the labels (big shocker, right?!).  I found these chalkboard labels and chalk pens at Michaels and to be honest, was very skeptical of both.  But take my word, each and every one of you need to run out right now and grab these for your home, to be used anywhere! They are amazing!
I can't wait to tackle the loft closet now!
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment