Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

It's Official - I'm Retired!

Today is my final day with my current employer.  I handed over my computer and my badge, said my goodbye's and took one last look at where I spent the last 8 years.  It has been quite the journey, which made today bittersweet.

I met my husband here and my coworkers, whom I now view as an extended family, supported me through my engagement, marriage, purchasing of our first home and motherhood.  That's a lot! They are truly the most incredible people to have worked for and alongside with for so many years. I will carry with me the lessons learned and memories made long after I leave here today.

Even through all the sadness, I am 110% confident that I am making the right decision.  Since I put in my notice, I realized just how much "growing" my son does on a daily basis.  It really is incredible.  And knowing that I will be able to experience that with him fills my heart with joy.  I am so thankful and blessed to have this opportunity and know I will have no regrets - even on the hairiest of days when he decides to really give me a run for my money. :)

In other news, I am working on a new side table that I will be sharing with you shortly.  It's inspired by the song "You Are My Sunshine" meaning...??? You guessed it! It's yellow. :)

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment