Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

End Tables - Before And After

I was given the opportunity to paint these gorgeous end tables when my husband's grandmother downsized her living space.

The tables were in really good condition, so very little prep was needed.  In fact, only two minor gouges needed to be filled with wood putty.
I bought General Finishes Corinth Blue specifically for my son's step stool, but had a secret plan to use it on these tables, deepened with dark wax and topped with gold accents - a combo I've been wanting to try for a VERY long time!

After taping the hardware on the feet of these tables, I got to work.
 Look at the difference in coverage from one coat to two coats - loving the color!
It took three coats to get the finish I wanted.  Wanting to deepen the color, I gave each table two coats of dark brown wax.  And finally, I gave the hardware a quick coat using Krylon's Gold Leaf spray paint.
I removed the tape and put all the pieces back together and absolutely loved the result!



Going into this project, I wasn't 100% sure that we would be keeping these tables, although we had hoped too keep them in the family.  But the moment I put them in our living room, they didn't move. :)  I have to update a few pieces of my old decor, like the lamps, but absolutely  love the pop of color against the grey.
And as usual with Home Goods, I was able to find the perfect pillow and blanket storage solution to match the tables.

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment